Issues on the Agenda
These are the issues and forums of debate. Clicking on an issue should lead to the research report, if available. Please contact the Secretaries General at email@example.com regarding any questions.
1st Committee (Disarmament and International Security)
- • The topic of mutual de-escalation of military spending, with particular regard to the P5 nations.
- • Regulating the development of nuclear weaponry in the Middle East in accordance with the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.
- • Establishing international guidelines on environmentally friendly warfare.
2nd Committee (Economic)
- • Planning extranational enticements to encourage sustainable development on an international basis.
- • Implementing international aid efforts focusing on the development of critical infrastructure in LDCs necessary for further economic growth.
- • Reevaluating the spending and distribution of funds on the UN peacekeeping missions.
3rd Committee (Human, Humanitarian and Social Matters)
- • International cooperation for affordable disaster relief and early warning systems for predictable natural disasters, such as floods and hurricanes.
- • Creating better living conditions for the Rohingya people in Myanmar following the change of administration.
- • Working towards a sustainable solution and strengthening the human rights of the population in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
6th Committee (Legal)
- • Evaluating the relevance of the current Permanent 5 nations and the P5 structure as a whole.
- • Establishing updated international guidelines regarding the legal, communal ownership of the submarine communications cables.
- • Creating international guidelines for protecting the Right to Privacy in the modern age, with special regard to international multinational corporations.
Human Rights' Council (HRC)
- • Taking measures to protect civilians in the Tigray region of Ethiopia from war crimes and human rights infractions.
- • Updating the UN Refugee Convention to correspond with modern times.
- • Critically evaluating the anti-drug policies in the Republic of the Philippines.
- • The topic of Basic Principles for the Treatment of Prisoners in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- • Establishing boundaries and international law on the issue of militarisation of space, by private and public entities alike, in order to prevent an arms race in outer space.
- • Taking measures to prevent creation and harbouring of international terrorist organisations in the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.