The Final Issues on the Agenda
The following issues are final, as proposed by our Secretaries General, and refined in collaboration with the respective Student Officers. The available research reports are hyperlinked to the respective issues. Please hover your mouse over a student officer's portrait to learn more.
The International Court of Justice
- Nicaragua versus America on the funding of rebels, Judges' Report
- Applicant's Evidence Applicant's Memorandum
- Respondent's Evidence Respondent's Memorandum
- Pakistan versus India on Aerial Incident of 10th August 1999. Judges' Report
- Applicant's Memorandum
- Respondent's Memorandum
The Human Rights Council
- Promoting freedom of press in South and Central America,
- Prevention of abuse of women and children by UN troops and experts in Liberia,
- Protection of human rights activists in zones of active conflict,
- Discussing methods to reduce the effect of man-made famines in South Sudan.
The Economic and Social Council
- Measures to prevent suicide due to LGBT discrimination,
- Reducing youth crime and gang violence in south east Asia,
- Ensuring access to clean water and sanitation in LEDCs,
- Working towards the eradication Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs).
1st Committee of the General Assembly Plenary
- Curbing the illicit traffic in small arms and light weapons with a special focus on the recent cases of mass shootings,
- Regulating the use of cluster munitions,
- Discussing measures to avoid a possible arms race in outer space.
2nd Committee of the General Assembly Plenary
- Promoting technological development in the agricultural sector for sustainable development,
- Reducing the damage caused by natural hazards,
- Measures to encourage sustainable tourism that promotes economic growth and job creation.
3rd Committee of the General Assembly Plenary
- Combating glorification of authoritarian regimes that may fuel intolerance, racism and xenophobia,
- Working towards the end of torture or other degrading and cruel punishments,
- Dealing with equitable geographical distribution in the membership of the human rights treaty bodies.
6th Committee of the General Assembly Plenary
- Discussing the accountability of United Nations officials and troops, while in mission to other countries,
- Reducing the effect of armed conflicts on international treaties,
- Discussing measures to solve the issue of poaching in Sub-Saharan Africa.